Australia’s best-selling sports car of 2017* is now even better, with a new, sleeker design, more advanced technology and greater performance.
From every angle, the 2018 Mustang makes a powerful impression. There’s a wider, more aggressive mesh grille, re-profiled bumper, new air extractor bonnet vents and new LED headlights with signature tri-bar lighting.
*Based on 2017 VFacts data.
Drive the legend
Nothing else offers the unique combination of classic style and exhilarating V8 performance quite like the Ford Mustang.
Whether it’s the Fastback or Convertible, the Mustang has a heritage few other cars can match.
5.0L V8 Engine
Expertly engineered to help maximise power from every compression, the Mustang GT’s 5.0L V8 engine utilises a dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port injection system. Boasting 339kW3. of power and 556Nm3. of torque, this is the stuff of legends.
10-Speed Automatic SelectShift® Transmission2
This is the best automatic transmission in any Mustang ever. Designed for optimum ratio progression and efficiency, it provides more accurate, quicker upshift and downshift capability. Now optional in the Mustang with steering wheel-mounted shift paddles included.
AEB with Pedestrian Detection4
Autonomous Emergency Braking is designed to help you detect if the car in front has unexpectedly stopped or a pedestrian steps out onto the road and can automatically apply the brakes if you don’t.
Active Valve Exhaust
Delivering an audible experience like never before, the Active Valve Exhaust system lets you choose exactly when you want to make your presence known. Four modes are available: Normal, Quiet, Track and Sport, tailoring the exhaust note for every occasion.
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto1
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto help you control some apps from your smartphone using the touchscreen, steering wheel controls, and voice assistant. Get turn-by-turn directions, traffic conditions, and estimated travel times from Apple Maps, Google Maps and even Waze.
Forged Aluminium Wheels2
The optional 19" Forged Aluminium Wheels not only provide a sporty new look, but are stronger and lighter to improve handling.
RECARO® Sports Seats2
Trust RECARO® to provide the perfect balance of support and comfort in this optional sport seat.
The Mustang now features all-LED lighting including signature tri-bar DTRLs, low and high beams, indicators, fog and tail lamps. There’s even a 30 percent reduction in power consumption over the HIDs from the prior model year.
Pay homage to your Mustang’s trackgoing stablemates by choosing the optional over-the-top racing stripes, available in black and white.
12-inch Digital Cluster
This is the first all-LCD display ever offered in a Mustang. It’s easy to view, fast, responsive, and absolutely beautiful.
Set your ideal ESC, throttle, steering, exhaust and gauge appearance preferences with the touch of a button.
1. Apple CarPlay / Android Auto requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS / Android™ (as applicable), active data service, and connection cable (sold separately). SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay / Android Auto while in use. Apple / Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple CarPlay, Apple Maps, Siri Eyes Free, iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US
and other countries. Android Auto and Google Maps are trademarks of Google Inc. Ford Applink® is available on selected SYNC® models and is compatible with select smartphone platforms. Warning: Local laws prohibit some phone functions
while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
3. Performance Data measured using 98 RON fuel for GT, 95 RON fuel for EcoBoost.
4. Active between 5km/h and 80km/h. Driver assist features are
supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgement and need to control the vehicle. May not operate in certain driving, road or weather conditions.
5. Optional Prestige Paint.
6. Fuel consumption and emissions as per ADR 81/02 (combined cycle) and to be used for vehicle comparison purposes only. It is unlikely that this fuel consumption fi gure will be achieved in real world driving conditions. Actual fuel consumption will depend on many factors including the driver's habits, prevailing conditions and the vehicle's equipment, condition and use.
7. Traffi c Information is provided through an arrangement with Intelematics Australia Pty Ltd. Traffi c Information is based on data provided with the permission of one or more third parties. Should Ford's arrangement with Intelematics Australia Pty Ltd. cease for any reason, the ongoing provision of traffi c information cannot be guaranteed.
8. The Emergency Assistance feature needs a paired and in range mobile phone. Can activate in the event of a crash which deploys an airbag or activates the fuel pump shut-off.
9. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. and is used under licence. Please refer to ford.com.au for mobile phone compatibility.
10. Not all SYNC® 3 features are compatible with all phones.
11. Not compatible with optional MagneRide suspension.