Tough done smarter.
Bolder. Smarter. As tough as ever. Introducing the Ford Ranger. With a striking front-end design, intelligently refined interior, and cutting-edge technology, Ranger is the most advanced truck ever seen in Australia.
Built to take on your world
Ranger 4x4’s 800mm water wading1. capability and unsurpassed 3,500kg2. maximum towing capacity make light work of tough challenges. Powered by next-generation turbo-diesel engines3. integrated with advanced driver assist technologies, you can go virtually anywhere and feel in total control.
The most advanced truck in Australia.
A suite of state-of-the-art technologies available on the Ranger XLT and Wildtrak help make Ranger Australia's most advanced truck. Think Strategically placed cameras. Think Ultrasonic sensors. Think sophisticated radar.
Set your speed, keep your distance. Adaptive Cruise Control,4. unlike conventional cruise control, can adjust to the flow of traffic. Simply set your cruising speed, and the system slows down when traffic does, then returns to your pre-set speed when traffic clears.
Scans the road ahead, looking for trouble. If the Forward Collision Warning4. system senses a possible collision, you’re alerted by a heads-up display on the windscreen. The brakes are then pre-loaded for enhanced stopping power.
Stick to the speed limit with the Adjustable Speed Limiter.5. Set a maximum speed and the system helps you not to exceed it. Need to overtake a slow vehicle? Manually override the system by stepping on the accelerator pedal.
Never lose focus. If you accidentally move out of your lane, Lane Keeping Aid6. applies steering torque to get you back on track. If you don't react, the system alerts you by vibrating the steering wheel.
1. 800mm available on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models only. Achieved when maintaining a steady speed of 7 kms/hr. 2. Braked towing capacity on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models when fitted with a Genuine Ford Tow pack and accessory Tow Ball. Subject to Ranger 4x4 XLT Double Cab Pick-up shown in Metropolitan Grey with accessory Tow Ball. state and territory towing regulations. 3. Excludes XL Plus models. 4. Features included with technology option pack available on XLT and Wildtrak models. Driver-assistance features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgement. Function may not operate in some driving and road conditions or adverse weather. 5. Standard on XL, XLS, XLT and Wildtrak models. Driver-assistance features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgement. Function may not operate in some driving and road conditions or adverse weather. 6. Feature included with optional pack available on XLT and Wildtrak models. Operates at speeds over 65 km/h on multi-lane roads with clearly visible lane markings. Driver-assistance features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgement. Function may not operate in some driving and road conditions or adverse weather.
Current Special Editions
Ford Ranger Wildtrak X
Perfect for any outdoor enthusiast, the Wildtrak X has a bold presence loaded with accessories.
Big power. Small appetite.
The heart of Ranger just got an upgrade. The fuel-efficient 2.2 TDCi diesel engine is now stronger than ever, while the powerful 3.2 TDCi is even more economical.1. So you can spend more time on the move for less.
Ranger’s new generation 5-cylinder 3.2L TDCi diesel engine1. delivers the power and torque you’d expect from a Ranger, but with improved fuel efficiency.
925 – 1305 kg – Payload capacity2.
3,500 kg – Max. towing capability3.
147kW – Power
470Nm – Torque
More power. Greater torque. Improved fuel effi ciency. Ranger's upgraded 4-cylinder 2.2L TDCi diesel engine pumps out the extra power you need to get the job done.
1060-1450 kg – Payload capacity2.
3,500 kg – Max. towing capability3.
118kW – Power
385Nm – Torque
Manual and Auto Transmission
The highly advanced 6-speed automatic transmission delivers effortlessly smooth performance. The ratios have been selected to maximise real world driveability and smoothness. Driver Recognition soft ware enables the transmission to adjust shift patterns to fit driver preferences – such as conserving fuel or switching to Sports Mode to instantly access a more sporty and decisive shift pattern. The Sports Mode also allows the driver to take full control and manually shift gears at any time, which is great for overtaking or for towing.
The Ranger’s 6-speed manual transmission gives you ultimate control. A Shift Indicator Lamp signals the driver when to shift to optimize fuel economy, the cable shifter provides improved driveline isolation and shift feel, and the single-mass flywheel reduces gear rattle. These features combine to provide an engaging driving experience.
The manual transmission also now enables Auto Stop/Start.4. This innovative technology automatically stops and smoothly restarts the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions.5.
1. Excludes XL Plus models. 2. Subject to State and Territory regulations. Payload is defi ned as the Gross Vehicle Mass minus kerb mass. Payload is the maximum combined value of occupants, cargo, added options, added structures and ow ball download (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded. 3. Braked towing capacity on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models when fi tted with a Genuine Ford Tow pack and accessory Tow Ball. Subject to state and territory towing regulations. 4. De-activation will not occur in all stopping situations. 5. Standard on manual transmission 2.2L and 3.2L Hi-Rider and 4x4 models.
Bring it on.
Take on whatever the world throws at you. From river crossings to challenging off -road terrain, the Ranger is ready for anything.
Up to 800mm water wading1. means a river can’t come between you and the task at hand. Mud, sand, and steep inclines. Conquer them all. eLocking Rear Differential2. locks rear wheels together for maximum traction when driving on challenging surfaces or when it’s difficult to keep both rear wheels on the ground at the same time. 4x4 shift on the fly lets you shift between 2WD and 4WD High mode with a turn of a dial. Up to 237mm ground clearance3. means almost nothing can get between you and where you’re going.
1. 800mm available on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models only. Achieved when maintaining a steady speed of 7 kms/hr. 2. Standard on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models only. 3. XLT and Wildtrak models only. See spec sheet for other models.
Make light work of big challenges.
The Ford Ranger’s ultra-strength chassis, high-torque engines, and superior suspension help you tow, haul and move with ease.
Tested in the real world. The Ranger has survived harsh torture tests in some of the toughest climates and terrains.
Big, strong chassis. The Ranger combines an ultra-high-strength steel chassis and a superior suspension design to deliver a stronger, smoother ride.
Tow more. Sweat less. Ranger’s up to 3,500kg1. towing capacity with Trailer Sway Control lets you handle big loads with greater confidence.
Payload capacity up to 1,450kg.2. The Ranger is strong enough to haul even the most backbreaking loads.
1. Braked towing capacity on 4x2 Hi-Rider and 4x4 models when fitted with a Genuine Ford Tow pack and accessory Tow Ball. Subject to state and territory towing regulations. 2. 1,450kg payload available on 4x2 XL Single Cab Chassis Hi-Rider 2.2L Diesel manual only. Please refer to specification table for all other models payload details.
Comfort out of your comfort zone.
The Ranger’s interior is durable, spacious, and has been crafted for a quieter ride. Giving you a Ranger that’s more comfortable, more functional, and helps keep you in command.
A dual TFT instrument cluster in XLT and Wildtrak models displays vehicle information – from performance to navigation to entertainment, it’s all there on a low-glare, high-quality flat screen.
Stretch Out. The legroom in our Double Cabs makes life more comfortable for your passengers. A laptop-sized glovebox helps you store the essentials for staying connected on the go.
Hello. Goodbye. Enjoy the ride. The Ranger Wildtrak ambient lighting system1. illuminates to welcome you when you enter the vehicle, and helps you see more when you exit. You can even choose between seven ambient lighting colours that automatically switch on at night.
1. Standard on Wildtrak model only.
Stay connected anywhere and everywhere.
Work smarter. Play harder. Our next generation SYNC™ 21. in Ranger XLT and Wildtrak models let's you continue to work, whilst you drive without taking your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road. Just by saying a few simple words.
Let your fingers do the talking. View vehicle information on the new, 8-inch LCD touchscreen.1.
Keep on track with Satellite Navigation1. Listen to real-time traffic condition updates, voice-guided directions, and view detailed maps on the 8-inch touchscreen.
Connect more devices in more ways with SYNC™ 2’s Media Hub.2. Use the USB ports to access your music and photos.
Turn Ranger into a WiFi® hotspot.1. Connect your WiFi®-enabled smartphone to SYNC™ 2 to create an Internet access point for everyone in the car.
1. SYNC™ 2 with 8 inch touchscreen, Satellite Navigation and WiFi hotspot standard on XLT and Wildtrak, SYNC™ standard on all other models. For SYNC™ compatibility visit www.ford.com.au/sync 2. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC,™ even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
Your off-road office.
When your truck doubles as your office, a functional design makes all the difference. The smarter Ranger range delivers functional features designed to conquer any challenge.
Park with confidence. Whether reversing into a tight parking spot or hitching up a trailer, the Rear Camera1. available on XLT and Wildtrak models gives you the ability to position yourself exactly where you want it. Combined with parking sensors,2. which give an audible and visible warning to alert you to nearby objects, you can park almost anywhere.
Do more. Wherever you are. A 230V power inverter3. in Ranger’s super and double cab models powers your electrical equipment, wherever the job finds you.
See more at night in your rear tray when loading and unloading, with a new load box illumination lights.4. Auto headlamps come on automatically when there’s not enough ambient light.
1. Rear view camera standard on Wildtrak and included with optional technology pack on XLT. 2. Rear park assist standard on XLT and Wildtrak models. Front park assist standard on Wildtrak models only. 3. Super and Double Cab models only. Not available in XL Plus models. 4. Standard on pick-up models excluding XL Plus.
Built tough. Built smart.
Ranger is packed full of safety and driver assist features that keep you in control. It's no surprise that it has earned a 5 star ANCAP rating.
Engineered for Safety. Tough needs to be backed up by common sense safety, which the Ranger is engineered to deliver across the range. With six airbags – including seat side and curtain airbags – along with a reinforced safety cell, the Ranger helps make every journey a safer one.
Control where you need it most. You can drive with greater confidence and peace of mind with Ranger’s Dynamic Stability Program which includes the following intelligent driver assist features:
Roll-Over Mitigation reduces the risk of getting into a roll-over situation.
Hill Launch Assist helps you pull away on steep inclines.
Hill Descent Control1. helps you stay in control on steep downhill grades.
Trailer Sway Control provides stability and greater control when towing.
Traction Control maximises traction and helps you avoid wheel spin.
Adaptive Load Control calculates the Ranger's weight and adjusts the Dynamic Stability Control to optimise safety and driving performance.
Emergency Brake Assist applies maximum brake pressure in an emergency stopping situation.
1. Standard on 4x4 models only.