Voice-activated SYNC technology also helps you keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.
- Hands-free Phone Calls2. With a simple push of a button and a voice command, you can make a call through your vehicle’s speakers. Once the phone is paired, you can automatically download the names and numbers programmed in your compatible phone.
- Hands-free Music and Entertainment2|3Listen to music, audiobooks or podcasts from just about any media device, any way you like – hands-free. Search, select, play specific titles, change your mind. Plug in your USB or MP3 player or stream via Bluetooth®4 Audio.
- Ford AppLink™5Via Ford AppLink™, launch and voice-control some of your favourite mobile apps or access them in the organised apps section, which automatically loads SYNC®-enabled apps from your paired and connected smartphone.
- SYNC® 3 plus Apple® CarPlay™6|7Use Siri® to interact with your iPhone®. Make calls, listen to voicemail. You can also access your songs and playlists. Apple Maps provides turn-by-turn directions, traffic conditions and estimated travel time.
- SYNC® 3 plus Android Auto™8Talk to Google™ to interact with your smartphone. Make calls and listen to voicemail. You can also access your favourite music through your apps. Google Maps™ provides voice-guided navigation, live traffic information and estimated travel time.
- Automatic Updates over Wi-Fi®Keeping SYNC® 3 current with the latest software can happen automatically as new updates become available. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection.
- Siri® Eyes-FreeSYNC® 3 brings the power of Siri® Eyes-Free and your iPhone into your vehicle. Make or receive a call, reserve a table at your favourite restaurant, audibly send a "see you there" text and more.
- Listen to Text Messages2|3SYNC® can read your text messages through your vehicle’s speakers. Your eyes never have to leave the road. SYNC® even understands emoticons and popular abbreviations. If you’re parked and want to quickly send a reply, just choose from a list of pre-set text responses.
- Climate Control9If equipped, you can use your voice to set your preferred temperature or easy access the colour touchscreen to adjust the temperature with large, easy-to-use touch buttons.
- Emergency Assistance2|10Connect your compatible cell phone to this convenient no-extra-charge feature. Emergency Assistance can call for help in the unlikely case of an accident, even if you can't. The emergency call goes directly through your properly connected cell phone without the need for intermediary assistance.
With SYNC1, Ford brought voice control to in-vehicle apps with AppLink™, and the experience is further improved with SYNC® 3.
AppLink allows customers to connect their compatible smartphone to their vehicle and control their compatible apps using voice commands or buttons on the vehicle display screen, without the need to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. AppLink now automatically discovers smartphone apps including Spotify, Pandora, Glympse and AccuWeather, and displays their unique graphics and branding.
Also featuring the new ability to update the software via Wi-Fi. Once a vehicle is set up with credentials for a home Wi-Fi network accessible in a customer’s driveway or garage, for example, it can automatically download updates.
SYNC® 3 allows owners to encourage safe driving when they are not behind the wheel with Ford MyKey. Owners can program a spare key to reduce the maximum speed of the vehicle, give an earlier low-fuel warning, limit the volume of the in-car entertainment or even disable it completely if the seatbelt is not fastened. The technology can provide reassurance to owners when lending their car to less experienced drivers.
SYNC® 3, like earlier generations of the technology, provides subscription-free Emergency Assist. The customer’s Bluetooth#-connected and within range phone is used to dial 000 in the event of a significant accident, alerting emergency services with the vehicle’s location. With SYNC® 3, the car relays additional information, including if airbags have been deployed, the type of crash (front, side, rear or rollover) and the number of safety belts detected in use, in order to help emergency call takers dispatch the appropriate resources to the scene.
 Not all features are available with all mobile phones, for compatibility please see www.ford.com.au/sync/support
 Local laws may prohibit the use of this feature while driving. Check your local road rules. Please check phone compatibility to ensure your mobile phone is enabled with this feature.
 Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth® SIG Inc. and is used under licence. PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®.
 Ford AppLink® is only available on select models and compatible with selected smartphone platforms.
 Requires phone to be connected via a seperate USB connection cable, sold seperately
 Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple inc. Apple CarPlay requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately). SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply Pod, iPhone, Siri and Apple CarPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
 Android Auto requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. Android Auto requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. Android Auto and Google Maps are trademarks of Google Inc.
 Voice Controlled Climate control not available on Ford Focus or Ford Kuga
 To use Emergency Assistance, your phone must be paried and within mobile range
* Please refer to ford.com.au/sync for mobile phone and media player compatibility.